Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Version 1.3.0 is Coming...

I am currently on holiday in the South of France (yes, I know, it's a hard life) and have taken the opportunity to complete the majority of the work on version 1.3.0 of Meditation Helper. This new version doesn't add any new features, however, I think it is a significant step forward. I have re-written a large chunk of the core code, replacing an over-complicated piece of code with something much simpler, much more modular, and much better tested.

Along the way I have replaced the old implementation of the bell ringer, which used MediaPlayer, with a new implementation based on SoundPool. This has hopefully fixed a really annoying intermittent bug where the bell sometimes didn't ring. I have also fixed some issues to do with the way the background service was started and stopped.

All in all I am very happy with the new version. I'm going to keep testing it for the next few days and then, once I'm confident it's working as expected, I will push the upgrade to the market.

If anyone is interested in doing some beta testing, leave a comment here and I will send you a link to the new version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.