Sunday 6 March 2011

Bad Design Decisions

In the last release of Meditation Helper I made a design decision which I now regret. The app remembers the volume that was used for the last meditation session and automatically sets the volume back to that previous level. This is bad for 3 reasons:

  1. It changes the volume without letting the user know what it's doing or why.
  2. It changes the volume only after the users starts the timer. This means that if I open the app, set the volume I want, then press start, the volume might change from what I've just set.
  3. There is no option to disable this functionality.
It's ugly and horrible and I'm going to change it. Look out for a patch release going out soon to address these issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.